"*" indicates required fields
You can take the first step towards the Professional Diploma in Management through our new micro-credential programmes, Finance for Non-Financial Managers and Strategic People Management which will award you 5 ECTS and provide you with a bite-sized and flexible pathway to achieving a world-class qualification.
When you embark on the micro-credential journey, you take control of your own development as you update your knowledge in a flexible and customisable way.
This Spring, all of our professional diplomas will be delivered in-person at the IMI Campus to ensure the best learning experience for participants. We will facilitate a hybrid delivery option should you require it.
The Spring 2023 programme dates are as follows:
20, 21 & 22 March 2023
18 & 19 April 2023
16 & 17 May 2023
13, 14 & 15 June 2023
04 & 05 Sept 2023
02 & 03 Oct 2023
A candidate’s eligibility for each Professional Diploma or the Professional Master of Business Studies will be determined by a combination of their academic qualifications and/or relevant professional experience. A primary degree from a recognised third- level institution (NFQ level 8), with a minimum classification of Second Class Honours, will typically be required with five years relevant work experience, at least 3 of which must be at managerial level, however, prior workplace learning will be recognised where applicants do not meet the academic requirement. This experience may come from a general business or organisational background, or experience working at a management level or in the area specifically related to the Diploma. Each candidate will meet with the Programme Directors, who will interview applicants in person virtually or physically. The IMI Office of the Registrar will oversee all applications, and the final decision on any application shall remain with the Registrar. All applicants whose first language is not English will be required to show evidence of the successful completion of an IELTS or TOEFL test or equivalent as specified here. The English language requirement when using IELTS is a score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each individual section or equivalent.
Why choose this programme?
The Professional Diploma in Management will make you a better, more confident manager.
You’ll walk away armed with a comprehensive, practical and critical overview of best-practice management allowing you to understand and effectively collaborate with colleagues across different business functions, as well as the skills and knowledge for recommending sustainable improvements that will add value to your organisation.
Acquire the skills you need to excel at management and apply your new knowledge in your day-to-day work.
Develop a deeper understanding of people, their behaviour at work and the culture of organisations.
Collaborate more effectively across business functions.
Eva PerezEva has been an educator for over 20 years, delivering modules in the area of strategic marketing management. Most recently as programme director and chair she is also responsible for leading and managing the successful design and delivery of academic programmes. Her main area of expertise lies in digital marketing strategy and implementation and its impact on business strategy. Her research interests focus on educational technology and the adoption of social media as a teaching and learning tool. Eva acts as a consultant, coach and trainer to organisations around her network. She holds a Masters of Business Studies from Michael Smurfit School of Business and is currently pursuing her doctoral studies in the school of Education at Trinity College Dublin.
- Understand the difference between management and leadership
- Understand the impact of leadership on organisational performance.
- Understand the psychological states and behaviours associated with employee engagement; the role of leaders in achieving this.
- Explore the impact of effective leadership on organisational culture, and learn how to shape it.
- Improve your ability to motivate individuals and groups.
- Learn how to build effective teams and drive individual and organisational change.
- Discover how to develop and implement a HR strategy.
- Evaluate your organisation’s HR processes and learn how to align it to the leadership strategy.
- Gain practical insights into finance — understand balance sheets and profit and loss.
- Learn about financial strategy and how to do a break-even analysis.
- Use ratio analysis and other techniques to measure organisational performance.
- Create an effective market analysis and learn segmentation, targeting and positioning techniques.
- Learn how to build a brand strategy.
- Explore the digital ecosystem of your organisation and the external environment.
- Enhance your strategic and leadership abilities and learn how to drive change in a team and an organisation.
- Conduct strategic analysis and apply your knowledge to create a sustainable competitive advantage — even in challenging environments.
Drive new projects across different business functions. Develop your understanding of the major management functions and best management practice across your organisation.
Acquire (or refresh) the skills and knowledge required of a professional manager. Enhance your strategic and leadership abilities and learn how to drive change in a team and an organisation.
Deliver significant return on investment for your organisation, by applying best practice tools and techniques in your day-to-day work.
What our graduates say
This programme will bring you to the depths of personal self-discovery in a challenging way. An innovative and powerfully self-reflective programme that will change how you lead others and principally yourself.
Pat RyanProcess Excellence Manager, Glanbia Ireland