"*" indicates required fields
You can take the first step towards the Professional Diploma in Organisational Behaviour through our new micro-credential programme, Advanced Negotiation Skills, which will award you 5 ECTS and provide you with a bite-sized and flexible pathway to achieving a world-class qualification.
When you embark on the micro-credential journey, you take control of your own development as you update your knowledge in a flexible and customisable way.
This Spring, all of our Professional Diplomas will be delivered in-person at the IMI Campus to ensure the best learning experience for participants. We will facilitate a hybrid delivery option should you require it.
The Spring 2023 programme dates are as follows:
27, 28 & 29 March 2023
24, 25 & 26 April 2023
22, 23 & 24 May 2023
19, 20 & 21 June 2023
04, 05 & 06 September 2023
02, 03 & 04 October
A candidate’s eligibility for each Professional Diploma or the Professional Master of Business Studies will be determined by a combination of their academic qualifications and/or relevant professional experience.
A primary degree from a recognised third-level institution (NFQ level 8), with a minimum classification of Second Class Honours, will typically be required with five years relevant work experience, at least 3 of which must be at managerial level, however, prior workplace learning will be recognised where applicants do not meet the academic requirement.
This experience may come from a general business or organisational background, or experience working at a management level or in the area specifically related to the Diploma.
Each candidate will meet with the Programme Directors, who will interview applicants in person virtually or physically.
The IMI Office of the Registrar will oversee all applications, and the final decision on any application shall remain with the Registrar. All applicants whose first language is not English will be required to show evidence of the successful completion of an IELTS or TOEFL test or equivalent as specified here. The English language requirement when using IELTS is a score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each individual section or equivalent.
Why choose this programme?
Do you want to create a high-performing organisation to which people want to belong?
The Professional Diploma in Organisational Behaviour will allow you to create an organisation where people are motivated, engaged and committed to succeed.
Increase your knowledge of the core psychological traits that motivate people and how you can leverage it.
Develop skills to influence, manage and improve individual and group decision-making.
Understand, communicate and lead change that matches the strategy of the organisation.
Anna ConnollyAnna Connolly is a Chartered Organisational Psychologist, who designs and delivers learning solutions and consults in the areas of Leadership development, decision-making and organisational design. Anna specialises in solution-focused coaching for newly appointed Managers and people managing transition. Anna has 13 years’ experience as a senior manager with global ICT service provider Ericsson in their Global Service Delivery, Learning Academy and Global Support business.
- Enhance your negotiation abilities, from team negotiations to multi-party and intercultural negotiations.
- Gain insights into alternative dispute resolution rights, power and interests.
- Become familiar with integrative and distributive bargaining techniques, as well as ethical and cultural factors.
- Analyse and understand the implications of individual psychometric profiles.
- Learn about team profiles and behavioural profiles at work.
- Take part in an Executive Information System (EIS) simulation: computer-based change management simulation.
- Explore the science behind behavioural and cognitive psychology and motivation.
- Devise strategies and define best practices for driving high performance on an individual, team and organisational level.
- Discover the fundamentals of influence and persuasion.
- Learn about the psychology of assertion and scarcity, and navigate the politics within an organisations with greater authority.
- Improve your decision-making abilities.
- Mitigate against and then leverage the influence of motivation and emotion on decision-making.
- Examine organisational development processes and their application from diagnosis to delivery.
- Understand the nature of resistance and working with the politics of organisations.
- Explore foundational organisational development models and apply to your own context.
Create an organisation that inspires its people. Learn to motivate and lead your team more effectively and become more skillful at understanding why others behave the way they do.
Influence and lead diverse stakeholders. Develop a framework for understanding how to effectively influence others.
Execute strategies across boundaries. Know how to understand, communicate and lead organisational change and match the strategy of the organisation to the design.
What our graduates say
Completing the programme in Organisational Behaviour was personally groundbreaking. This programme is relevant, topical and something I would recommend all business leaders obtain to increase their knowledge and proficiency in understanding and utilising the core psychological traits to drive the organisation forward.
Joe SherlockNational Corporate Sales Manager, Laya Healthcare